Dating royal doulton plates owa global address list not updating
Sixteen miniature bone china Dickens figures were introduced to the HN collection in 1922 and they were based on earlier stoneware models designed by Leslie Harradine.
In 1932 these HN figures were re-numbered as miniatures M41-M56.
The Doulton name and reputation continued to grow along with its extensive range, which included flambé ware, titanian ware, and bone china.
Over the course of its long history the Doulton company has released popular collections of figures and other ceramics.
In 1901, the company introduced a new Doulton mark with the lion, crown and ‘intersecting D motif’.
The new mark and use of the name ‘Royal Doulton’ as opposed to ‘Doulton’ celebrate the grant of the Royal Warrant to Doulton by King Edward VII in 1901.
The Twelve Tinies were designed by three of the best known Royal Doulton Designers: Leslie Harradine, Harry Fenton and Charles Noke.
It was in 1853 that the company took the name Doulton.It was a great success and the artists included Arthur, Florence and Hannah Barlow, Frank Butler, Mark Marshall, Eliza Simmance, and George Tinworth.In 1882, doulton purchased the small factory of Pinder, Bourne & Co, at Nile Street in Burslem, Staffordshire – bringing doulton right to the heart of The Potteries. because of the artistic direction of John Slater, who worked with a wide variety of figurines, vases, character jugs, and decorative pieces.In about 1930 a new form of the ‘standard’ mark was introduced bearing the words ‘Made in England ‘ above the Royal Doulton name and this mark was used until recent times.The date numbers referred to above may, or may not, accompany this mark.